In a world dominated by APIs, where everyone seems to implement microservices, it becomes quite hard to choose a paradigm or standard on top of them that will solve all the business needs. GraphQL, REST, OData, gRPC? What to choose?
REST seems to be a de-facto standard. Despite that, many of these so-called REST APIs don’t respect the guidelines and become brittle, hard to evolve and maintain. Top that with a few references to HTTPClients for server to server communication, and you have the perfect recipe for disaster.
Are you looking for an API that won’t be a burden to you? How about data sharing?
In this course, you will learn how to model APIs that are evolvable and extensible, and how to leverage and learn what REST is really about and how to implement it correctly using .NET.
LIST OF TOPICS
REST as an architectural concept
- HTTP Headers, Verbs, Status Codes
- Naming and designing endpoints
- Content -Negotiation
- Configuring WebAPI
- InputFormatters, Output Formatters
- Enabling/Disabling features
- Routing, Route constraints
- Implementing a truly REST API with all the necessary
- features and the right status codes
- Documenting the API
- REST APIs in context of Microservices
- HTTP Clients and correct usage
- Using OData
- Understand the power of REST
- Design evolvable and extensible API
- Hands-on course with real-life examples
THIS CLASS IS FOR
- all developers
- C# knowledge
- internet connection
- Certificate of Completion
4 weeks / 20 hours
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Microsoft MVP for Developer Technologies, Software Architect, CTT+ technical trainer and Microsoft Certified Trainer, always in a quest for latest trends and best practices in architecture, .NET and the world around it. Irina has more than 1000 hours of delivered training, workshops and presentations, being passionate about sharing knowledge.
She is a community builder, being the founder of DotNet Iasi User Group and dotnetdays.ro conference. You can also find Irina speaking at major conferences in Europe or writing articles on her blog. https://irina.codes